The following transactions are excluded from the scope of enveloped property transactions tax and do not attract a charge.
You are not required to complete the EPTT form in respect of excluded transactions.
- The winding-up of an estate
- Any transactions that take place by order of the court, such as divorce proceedings
- The transfer of shares in a company by a nominee to the beneficial owner of the company
- The transfer of shares in a company listed on a recognised stock exchange at the date of transaction
- The transfer of units in a collective investment fund
- An agreement giving a person an option to purchase property
- A transaction that creates or enforces the repayment of a loan
- A transfer of ownership from connected parties to sole ownership where the tax has already been paid by these parties
- The transferee is a tax exempt charity or Social Housing company
- The transferee is a Minister or one of the Parishes
- Transfers between connected persons