Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

How Customer and Local Services can help you find work

​Help you can get as a job seeker

If you're claiming Income Support, you will be expected to actively seek work.

We'll contact you and arrange a meeting with an employment adviser. You will be offered training and support based on your needs, and work opportunities that are right for you.

You will receive this through:

  • Work Zone, supporting all unemployed people
  • Work Right, supporting anyone with barriers to work
  • Advance to Work, training scheme supporting people aged 16 to​ 24
  • Advance Plus, training scheme supporting people of any age

Advance to Work

Advance Plus

How to find a job

Registering to receive email alerts about new jobs

You must also register to receive daily emails about new job vacancies.

What you'll be expected to do

To receive the full amount of Income Support that you’re entitled to, you’re expected to find work (this includes people who are expected to take up part time work, depending on their circumstances).

Your employment adviser will ask you to sign a jobseeker's agreement which will outline the steps you’ll need to take to find work and also help to identify any support you may need with this.

You will be expected to:

  • keep a record of what you do to find work
  • attend appointments to confirm you are available for, and actively seeking, work
  • discuss your search for work with your employment adviser
  • sign a declaration regarding any work that you have done
  • identify all opportunities that are available
  • attend appropriate training courses

If you don't do enough to look for work

Your benefit may be reduced if you don't do enough to look for work.

Income Support: what happens if you leave your job or fail to look for work

​If you start or finish a job

If you receive Income Support and you start or finish a job, or your pay or hours change, you have to let us know. You have to tell us iabout any employment changes.

Change in circumstances (Income Support)

​If you're unemployed but not claiming Income Support

You can still get help from us.

Register with Back to Work by completing the registration form, and you'll be given support to look for work.

Register with Back to Work

Back to top
rating button