Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government and parish services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Transferring between schools

​​​​​Transferring to a different school

If you move house and your catchment area changes, you don’t have to move your child to a different school.

If you want to request a transfer, you should:

  1. talk to the headteacher​
  2. complete the transfer request form below
  3. enclose a letter to the director of Education
  4. send the form and letter by email (or post if preferred)

Pupil transfer request form

Moving from a private school to a States' school

If you want to transfer your child from their private school to a States school, you must:

  1. tell your child's current school so you can give up the place
  2. complete the transfer request form below

If your child is at a fee-paying primary school and needs a place in Year 7 at a non-fee paying secondary school, you must ask for an admissions form as it won’t be sent to you automatically.

All requests for school places, including admissions and transfers, must be directed to the Education Department.​​

Pupil transfer request form

Primary to secondary school transfer

Children transfer from primary school to secondary school at the end of Year 6.

You will be sent an admissions form for secondary school in the January before your child will transfer. You can change your choice of school at this stage by indicating your cho​ice on this form.

You must return this form to the school that sent it to you to make sure your application is registered.

How and when places are allocated

Children are allocated places at their catchment school a maximum of one term before their arrival date in Jersey. If your catchment area school is full, a place will be allocated at the closest school that has a space available.

How soon your child can start school

Most children will be in school within five school days after we receive your completed admission forms and required documents.

Forms won’t be processed during school holidays when schools are closed.

School term dates and holidays

Back to top
rating button