30 January 2023
|Published by||External Relations|
|Date published||30 January 2023|
1. On 27 January 2023, the Security Council Committee pursuant to resolutions 1267 (1999), 1989 (2011) and 2253 (2015) concerning ISIL (Da'esh), Al-Qaida approved the addition of one entry to its Sanctions List of individuals and entities subject to an asset freeze.
2. In accordance with the Sanctions and Asset-Freezing (Jersey) Law 2019 ("SAFL") and the Sanctions and Asset-Freezing (Implementation of External Sanctions) (Jersey) Order 2021 (the "Sanctions Order"), any new asset-freeze designations made by the UNSC ISIL (Da'esh) and Al-Qaida Sanctions Committee have immediate effect in Jersey.
Notice summary (Full details are provided in the Annex to this Notice)
3. The following designation has been made and is now subject to an asset freeze:
What you must do
4. You must:
immediately check whether you maintain any accounts or hold any funds or economic resources for the persons set out in the Annex to this Notice.
freeze such accounts, and other funds or economic resources without notice and without delay.
refrain from dealing with the funds or assets or making them available (directly or indirectly) to such persons unless licensed by the Minister for External Relations ("MER").
report any findings to MER, together with any additional information that would facilitate compliance with SAFL.
provide any information concerning the frozen assets of designated persons that MER may request. Information reported to MER may be passed on to other regulatory authorities or law enforcement.
5. Failure to comply with sanctions legislation or to seek to circumvent its provisions is a criminal offence.
6. Further information on sanctions can be found on the Government of Jersey website and the Jersey Financial Services Commission (JFSC) website.
7. Jersey guidance on the ISIL (Da'esh) and Al-Qaida sanctions regime is available on JFSC website.
8. Copies of Jersey sanctions legislation, including SAFL and the Sanctions Order, can be found on the Jersey Legal Information Board website.
9. Further details on the UN measures in respect of ISIL (Da'esh) and Al-Qaida can be found on the relevant UN Sanctions Committee webpage.
10. The UK Sanctions List.
11. The UK Office of Financial Sanctions Implementation Consolidated List.
12. Non-media enquiries, sanctions compliance reporting, and licence applications should be addressed to:
Financial Sanctions Implementation Unit
Ministry of External Relations
13. Annex to Financial Sanctions Notice ISIL (Da'esh) and Al-Qaida 30 January 2023
Financial Sanctions Notice ISIL (Da'esh) and Al-Qaida 30 January 2023