1. On 5 April 2021, the United Nations Security Council (“UNSC”) Committee established pursuant to resolution 2127 (2013) concerning Central African Republic approved the removal of one entry from its list of individuals and entities.
2. In accordance with the Sanctions and Asset-Freezing (Jersey) Law 2019 (“SAFL”) and the Sanctions and Asset-Freezing (Implementation of External Sanctions) (Jersey) Order 2021 (the “Order”) any changes to UNSC asset-freeze designations are effective immediately in Jersey.
3. An asset freeze no longer applies to the person listed in the Annex to this Notice under Part 3 of SAFL.
Notice summary (Full details are provided in the Annex to this Notice)
4. The following entry has been removed and is no longer subject to an asset freeze:
- Bureau D’Achat De Diamant En Centrafrique/Kardiam
5. Further information on sanctions can be found on the Government of Jersey website and the Jersey Financial Services Commission (JFSC) website.
6. Jersey guidance on the Central African Republic sanctions regime is available on JFSC website.
7. Copies of Jersey sanctions legislation, including the Order and SAFL, can be found on the Jersey Legal Information Board website.
8. Further details on the UN measures in respect of Central African Republic can be found on the relevant UN Sanctions Committee webpage.
9. A copy of the UK sanctions list can be found here.
10. A copy of the OFSI consolidated list can be found here.
11. Non-media enquiries, reports and licence applications should be addressed to:
Head of International Compliance
Office of the Chief Executive
ANNEX TO NOTICE
FINANCIAL SANCTIONS: CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC
1. BUREAUD'ACHATDEDIAMANT EN CENTRAFRIQUE/KARDIAM
a.k.a: (1) BADICA/KRDIAM(2) KARDIAM Address: (1) BP 333, Bangui, CentralAfricanRepublic.(2) Antwerp, Belgium. Other Information: (UK Sanctions List Ref):CAF0001 (UN Ref):CFe.001. (Further Identifiying Information):Headed byAbdoul-KarimDanAzoumi, since 12 December 1986 and byAboubakar Mahamat, since 1 January 2005. Branches include MINAIR,and SOFIATP (Douala, Cameroon). INTERPOL-UN SecurityCouncilSpecialNotice web link: https://www.interpol.int/en/notice/search/une/5891200. Listed on: 03/09/2015
Ministry of External Relations
6 April 2021