1. The Global Human Rights Sanctions Regulations 2020 (the “UK Regulations”) concerning sanctions in respect of Global Human Rights have been amended.
2. An asset freeze still applies to the persons listed in the Annex to this Notice under Part 3 of the Sanctions and Asset-Freezing (Jersey) Law 2019 (“SAFL”).
Notice summary (Full details are provided in the Annex to this Notice)
3. The following designations have been amended and remain subject to an asset freeze:
- Aleksey Vasilyevich ANICHIN
- Mufleh AL MUSLEH
What you must do
4. You must:
- check whether you maintain any accounts or hold any funds or economic resources for the persons set out in the Annex to this Notice.
freeze such accounts, and other funds or economic resources.
- refrain from dealing with the funds or assets or making them available (directly or indirectly) to such persons unless licensed by the Minister for External Relations (“MER”).
- report any findings to MER, together with any additional information that would facilitate compliance with SAFL.
- provide any information concerning the frozen assets of designated persons that MER may request. Information reported to MER may be passed on to other regulatory authorities or law enforcement.
5. Failure to comply with sanctions legislation or to seek to circumvent its provisions is a criminal offence.
6. The Sanctions and Asset-Freezing (Implementation of External Sanctions) (Jersey) Order 2021 (the “Order”), made under SAFL, links to the UK Regulations.
7. Any asset-freeze designations made under the UK Regulations are effective immediately by virtue of the ambulatory provisions in Jersey’s sanctions legislation.
8. Further information on sanctions can be found on the Government of Jersey website and the Jersey Financial Services Commission (JFSC) website.
9. Jersey guidance on the Global Human Rights sanctions regime is available on JFSC website.
10. Copies of Jersey sanctions Orders and other legislation, including the Order and SAFL, can be found on the Jersey Legal Information Board website.
11. A copy of the UK Regulations can be obtained from legislation.gov.uk and other relevant information about this regime can be found on gov.uk.
12. A copy of the UK sanctions list can be found here.
13. A copy of the OFSI consolidated list can be found here.
14. Non-media enquiries, suspected breach reports and licence applications should be addressed to:
Head of International Compliance
Office of the Chief Executive
Annex to Notice
15. Full details of the amendments can be found here.