1. Council Regulation (EU) 267/2012 (the “Regulation”) concerning restrictive measures against Iran has been amended so that an asset freeze no longer applies to the entity listed in this Notice.
Notice summary (Full details are provided in the Annex to this Notice)
2. The following entry has been removed from the consolidated list and is no longer subject to an asset freeze:
3. The Regulation is implemented in Jersey under the Sanctions and Asset-Freezing (Implementation of EU Regulations) (Jersey) Order 2020 (the “EU Regulations Order”), which was made under Articles 3 and 4 of the Sanctions and Asset-Freezing (Jersey) Law 2019 (“SAFL”).
4. On 13 November 2020 Council Implementing Regulation (EU) 2020/1695 (the “Amending Regulation”) was published in the Official Journal of the European Union by the Council of the European Union.
5. The Amending Regulation amended Annex IX to the Regulation with effect from 14 November 2020. Any changes to the Annex are effective immediately in Jersey by virtue of the ambulatory provisions of the EU Regulations Order.
6. A copy of the Regulation and the Amending Regulation can be obtained from the website of the Official Journal of the European Union.
7. The EU Regulations Order and SAFL, can be found on the Jersey Legal Information Board website.
8. Copies of recent Notices, certain EU Regulations and Jersey legislation can be found on the Iran sanctions page on the Jersey Financial Services Commission (“JFSC”) website.
9. For more information on Sanctions please see the Government of Jersey webpage on Sanctions and the JFSC guidance on sanctions.
10. Non-media enquiries, reports and licence applications should be addressed to:
Head of International Compliance
Office of the Chief Executive
ANNEX TO NOTICE
FINANCIAL SANCTIONS: IRAN
COUNCIL IMPLEMENTING REGULATION (EU) 2020/1695
AMENDING ANNEX IX TO COUNCIL REGULATION (EU) 267/2012
1. Name: Neda Industrial Group
Address: No 10 and 12, 64th Street, Yusef Abad, Tehran. Other Information: EU listing. Not UN. Industrial automation company that has worked for Kalaye Electric Company at the uranium fuel enrichment plant at Natanz. Listed on: 24/05/2011
Ministry of External Relations
13 November 2020