1. On 21 September 2021, the United Nations Security Council (“UNSC”) Committee established pursuant to resolution 1518 (2003) concerning Iraq approved the removal of 1 entry from its list of individuals and entities.
2. The Iraq (Sanctions) (EU Exit) Regulations 2020 (the “UK Regulations”) provide for the freezing of funds and economic resources of certain persons, entities or bodies involved in the former Government of Iraq and its state bodies, corporations or agencies.
3. The Sanctions and Asset-Freezing (Implementation of External Sanctions) (Jersey) Order 2021 (the “Order”) made under the Sanctions and Asset-Freezing (Jersey) Law 2019 (“SAFL”), links to the UK Regulations.
4. Any changes to asset-freeze designations made under the UK Regulations are effective immediately by virtue of the ambulatory provisions in Jersey’s sanctions legislation.
5. An asset freeze no longer applies to the person listed in the Annex to this Notice under Part 3 of SAFL.
Notice summary (Full details are provided in the Annex to this Notice)
6. The following entry has been removed and is no longer subject to an asset freeze:
8. Jersey guidance on the Iraq sanctions regime is available on JFSC website
9. Copies of Jersey sanctions legislation, including the Order
, can be found on the Jersey Legal Information Board website.
11. A copy of the UK sanctions list can be found here
12. A copy of the OFSI consolidated list can be found here
13. Non-media enquiries, reports and licence applications should be addressed to:
Head of International Compliance
Office of the Chief Executive
Annex to Notice