1. The United Nations Security Council’s sanctions list has been updated.
Notice summary (Full details are provided in the Annex to this Notice)
2. The following entry has been added and is subject to an asset freeze:
What you must do
3. You must:
- check whether you maintain any accounts or hold any funds or economic resources for the persons set out in the Annex to this Notice.
- freeze such accounts, and other funds or economic resources.
- refrain from dealing with the funds or assets or making them available (directly or indirectly) to such persons unless licensed by the Minister for External Relations (“MER”).
- report any findings to MER, together with any additional information that would facilitate compliance with the Sanctions and Asset-Freezing (Jersey) Law 2019 (“SAFL”).
- provide any information concerning the frozen assets of designated persons that MER may request. Information reported to MER may be passed on to other regulatory authorities or law enforcement.
4. Failure to comply with financial sanctions legislation or to seek to circumvent its provisions is a criminal offence.
5. On 16 July, the United Nations Security Council Committee pursuant to Resolutions 1267 (1999), 1989 (2011) and 2253 (2015) concerning the ISIL (Da’esh) and Al-Qaida approved the addition of one entry to its list of individuals and entities subject to an asset freeze.
6. In accordance with SAFL, this asset-freeze designation was effective immediately in Jersey.
7. Copies of Jersey sanctions Orders and other legislation, including SAFL, can be found on the Jersey Legal Information Board website.
8. Copies of recent Notices, certain EU Regulations, UNSC Resolutions and Jersey legislation can be obtained from the restrictive measures against ISIL (Da’esh) and Al-Qaida terrorist organisations page on the Jersey Financial Services Commission (JFSC) website.
9. Further details on the UN measures in respect of the ISIL (Da’esh) and Al-Qaida can be found on the relevant UN Sanctions Committee webpage.
10. For more information on Financial Sanctions please see the JFSC guidance on financial sanctions.
11. Non-media enquiries, reports and licence applications should be addressed to:
Head of International Compliance
Office of the Chief Executive
ANNEX TO NOTICE
FINANCIAL SANCTIONS: ISIL (DA’ESH) AND AL-QAIDA
1. MEHSUD, Noor Wali
Title: Mufti Designation: na DOB: 26 Jun. 1978 POB: Gurguray, Pakistan a.k.a.: Abu Mansoor Asim Nationality: Pakistan Passport no: na National identification no: na Address: na Other information: Leader of Tehrik-e Taliban Pakistan
Ministry of External Relations
Government of Jersey
17 July 2020