1. The Minister for External Relations (“MER”) made the Sanctions and Asset-Freezing (Designation of Lugovoy and Kovtun) (Jersey) Order 2020 (the “Order”).
2. An asset freeze applies to the persons listed in the Annex to this Notice.
Notice summary (Full details are provided in the Annex to this Notice)
3. The following designations have been made and are subject to an asset freeze.
- LUGOVOY, Andrey
- KOVTUN, Dmitri
What you must do
4. You must:
- check whether you maintain any accounts or hold any funds or economic resources for the persons set out in the Annex to this Notice.
- freeze such accounts, and other funds or economic resources.
- refrain from dealing with the funds or assets or making them available (directly or indirectly) to such persons unless licensed by the Minister for External Relations (“MER”).
- report any findings to MER, together with any additional information that would facilitate compliance with the Regulation.
- provide any information concerning the frozen assets of designated persons that MER may request. Information reported to MER may be passed on to other regulatory authorities or law enforcement.
5. Failure to comply with financial sanctions legislation or to seek to circumvent its provisions is a criminal offence.
6. The Order was made on Wednesday 14 October under the Sanctions and Asset-Freezing (Jersey) Law 2019 (“SAFL”) and links to the UK’s Andrey Lugovoy and Dmitri Kovtun Freezing Order 2018 (the “UK Order”). It came into force the day after it was made.
7. Copies of Jersey sanctions Orders and other legislation, including the Order and SAFL, can be found on the Jersey Legal Information Board website.
8. A copy of the UK Order can be found on legislation.gov.uk.
9. For more information on Financial Sanctions please see the Jersey Financial Services Commission guidance on financial sanctions.
10. Non-media enquiries, reports and licence applications should be addressed to:
Head of International Compliance
Office of the Chief Executive
ANNEX TO NOTICE
FINANCIAL SANCTIONS: DESIGNATION OF LUGOVOY AND KOVTUN
1. KOVTUN, Dmitri Vadimovich
DOB: (1) 25/09/1965. (2) 25/09/1969. POB: Moscow a.k.a: KOVTUN, Dmitry, Vadimovich Passport Details: Reference 62. Passport no. 9632078. issued 17/08/2006. expired 17/08/2011 Address: Apartment no. 150, Golubinskay Street, Moscow, Russia, 117463. Position: General Director of Gobal Project.
2. LUGOVOY, Andrey Konstantinovich
DOB: 19/09/1966. POB: Baku, Azerbaijan a.k.a: LUGOVOI, Andrey, Konstantinovich Passport Details: Reference 51. Passport no. 0608109. issued 18/11/2005. expiring 03/05/2009 Address: Soloviniya Proezcl, 16-1-247, Moscow, Russia, 117593. Position: Member of the Russian Duma (Parliament).
Ministry for External Relations
15 October 2020