1. The Russia (Sanctions) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019 (the “UK Regulations”) were made under the Sanctions and Anti-Money Laundering Act 2018 and provide for freezing of funds and economic resources of certain persons, entities or bodies involved in destabilising Ukraine or undermining or threatening the territorial integrity, sovereignty or independence of Ukraine, or obtaining a benefit from or supporting the Government of Russia.
2. This notice is to issue a correction to 33 listings in the new version of the UK Consolidated List bringing the entries in line with the UK Sanctions List. A link to the UK Sanctions List can be found below.
3. Further, 1 entry has been amended on the new and previous versions of the UK Consolidated List.
4. These corrections were made by the UK on 14 February.
5. The Sanctions and Asset-Freezing (Implementation of External Sanctions) (Jersey) Order 2021 (the “Order”), made under the Sanctions and Asset-Freezing (Jersey) Law 2019 (“SAFL”), links to the UK Regulations.
6. Any changes to asset-freeze designations made under the UK Regulations are effective immediately by virtue of the ambulatory provisions in Jersey’s sanctions legislation.
Notice summary (Full details are provided in the Annex to this Notice)
7. The following designation has been amended on the new and previous version of the UK Consolidated List and remains subject to an asset freeze:
8. 17 entries have been amended and remain subject to an asset freeze. Further details can be found in the annex to this notice.
9. Duplicate aliases have been removed from 17 entries on non-HTML/PDF formats of the UK Consolidated List. No material changes have been made to the new version of the UK Consolidated List in HTML format.
What you must do
10. You must:
- check whether you maintain any accounts or hold any funds or economic resources for the persons set out in the Annex to this Notice.
- freeze such accounts, and other funds or economic resources.
- refrain from dealing with the funds or assets or making them available (directly or indirectly) to such persons unless licensed by the Minister for External Relations and Financial Services (“MERFS”).
- report any findings to MERFS, together with any additional information that would facilitate compliance with SAFL.
- provide any information concerning the frozen assets of designated persons that MERFS may request. Information reported to MERFS may be passed on to other regulatory authorities or law enforcement.
11. Where a relevant institution has already reported details of accounts, other funds or economic resources held frozen for designated persons, they are not required to report these details again.
12. Failure to comply with sanctions legislation or to seek to circumvent its provisions is a criminal offence.
13. Further information on sanctions can be found on the Government of Jersey website and the Jersey Financial Services Commission (JFSC) website.
14. Jersey guidance on the Russia sanctions regime is available on JFSC website.
15. Copies of Jersey sanctions legislation, including the Order and SAFL, can be found on the Jersey Legal Information Board website.
16. A copy of the UK Regulations can be obtained from legislation.gov.uk and other relevant information about this regime can be found on gov.uk.
17. A copy of the UK Sanctions List can be found here.
18. A copy of the UK Office of Financial Sanctions Implementation Consolidated List can be found here.
19. Non-media enquiries, sanctions compliance reporting, and licence applications should be addressed to:
Head of International Compliance
Office of the Chief Executive
Annex to Notice
20. Full details of the amendments can be found here.