|Published by||External Relations|
|Date published||07 April 2022|
1. The Russia (Sanctions) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019 (the “UK Regulations”) were made under the Sanctions and Anti-Money Laundering Act 2018 . These persons are named in Schedule 2 of the Regulations and are recorded in the UK Office of Financial Sanctions Implementation (OFSI) list of persons named in relation to financial and investment restrictions.
2. On 6 April 2022 the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office updated the list of persons named in relation to financial and investment restrictions.
3. The Sanctions and Asset-Freezing (Implementation of External Sanctions) (Jersey) Order 2021 (the “Order”), made under the Sanctions and Asset-Freezing (Jersey) Law 2019 (“SAFL”), links to the UK Regulations.
Notice summary (Full details are provided in the Annex to this Notice)
4. The following designations have been amended:
- PJSC SBERBANK (PUBLIC JOINT-STOCK COMPANY SBERBANK)
- UNITED AIRCRAFT CORPORATION
- VTB BANK
What you must do
5. Failure to comply with sanctions legislation or to seek to circumvent its provisions is a criminal offence.
6. Further information on sanctions can be found on the Government of Jersey website and the Jersey Financial Services Commission (JFSC) website.
7. Jersey guidance on the Russia sanctions regime is available on JFSC website.
8. Copies of Jersey sanctions legislation, including the Order and SAFL, can be found on the Jersey Legal Information Board website.
9. A copy of the UK Regulations can be obtained from legislation.gov.uk and other relevant information about this regime can be found on gov.uk.
10. A copy of the OFSI list of persons named in relation to financial and investment restrictions can be found here.
11. Non-media enquiries, sanctions compliance reporting, and licence applications should be addressed to:
Head of International Compliance
Office of the Chief Executive
Annex to Notice