1. On 26 September 2022, the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) Committee established pursuant to resolutions 2140 (2014) concerning Yemen approved the addition of 2 entries to its Sanctions List of individuals and entities subject to an asset freeze.
2. In accordance with the Sanctions and Asset-Freezing (Jersey) Law 2019 (“SAFL”) and the Sanctions and Asset-Freezing (Implementation of External Sanctions) (Jersey) Order 2021 (the “Sanctions Order”), any new asset-freeze designations made by the UNSC 2140 Sanctions Committee have immediate effect in Jersey.
Notice summary (Full details are provided in the Annex to this Notice)
3. The following designations have been added and are subject to an asset freeze:
- Mansur AL-SA’ADI
- Motlaq Amer AL-MARRANI
What you must do
4. You must:
- immediately check whether you maintain any accounts or hold any funds or economic resources for the persons set out in the Annex to this Notice.
- freeze such accounts, and other funds or economic resources without notice and without delay.
- refrain from dealing with the funds or assets or making them available (directly or indirectly) to such persons unless licensed by the Minister for External Relations and Financial Services (“MERFS”).
- report any findings to MERFS, together with any additional information that would facilitate compliance with SAFL.
- provide any information concerning the frozen assets of designated persons that MERFS may request. Information reported to MERFS may be passed on to other regulatory authorities or law enforcement.
5. Failure to comply with sanctions legislation or to seek to circumvent its provisions is a criminal offence.
6. Further information on sanctions can be found on the Government of Jersey website and the Jersey Financial Services Commission (JFSC) website.
7. Jersey guidance on the Yemen sanctions regime is available on JFSC website.
8. Copies of Jersey sanctions legislation, including SAFL and the Sanctions Order, can be found on the Jersey Legal Information Board website.
9. Further details on the UN measures in respect of Yemen can be found on the relevant UN Sanctions Committee webpage.
10. A copy of the UK Sanctions List can be found here.
11. A copy of the UK Office of Financial Sanctions Implementation Consolidated List can be found here.
12. Non-media enquiries, sanctions compliance reporting, and licence applications should be addressed to:
Head of International Compliance
Office of the Chief Executive
ANNEX TO NOTICE
FINANCIAL SANCTIONS: YEMEN
1. Name: 1: MANSUR 2: AL-SA’ADI
Name (original script): منصور السعادي
Title: n/a Designation: Major General, Houthi Commander of Yemen's Naval and Coastal Defense Forces DOB: 1988 POB: Yemen Good quality a.k.a.: n/a Low quality a.k.a.: a) Mansoor Ahmed Al Saadi b) Mansur Ahmad al-Sa’adi c) Abu Sajjad Nationality: Yemen Passport no: n/a National identification no: n/a Address: Yemen Listed on: 26 Sep. 2022 Other information: Houthi Naval Forces Chief of Staff, who has masterminded lethal attacks against international shipping in the Red Sea, plays a leading role in Houthi naval efforts that directly threaten the peace, security, and stability of Yemen. Physical Description: Eye Color: Brown; Hair: Brown. INTERPOL-UN Security Council Special Notice web link: www.interpol.int/en/How-we-work/Notices/View-UN-Notices-Individual.
2. Name: 1: MOTLAQ 2: AMER 3: AL-MARRANI
Name (original script): مطلق عامر المراني
Title: n/a Designation: (Former) Deputy Head of the Houthi National Security Bureau (NSB) (intelligence agency) DOB: 1 Jan 1984 POB: Al-Jawf, Yemen Good quality a.k.a.: a) Mutlaq Ali Aamer Al Marrani b) Abu Emad Low quality a.k.a.: n/a Nationality: Yemen Passport no: n/a National identification no: n/a Address: Yemen Listed on: 26 Sep. 2022 Other information: Former Deputy Head of the Houthi National Security Bureau (NSB), oversaw detainees of the NSB who were subjected to torture and other mistreatment while detained, planned and directed illegal arrests and detention of humanitarian workers and the unlawful diversion of humanitarian assistance in violation of international humanitarian law. Physical Description: Eye Color: Brown; Hair: Brown. INTERPOL-UN Security Council Special Notice web link: www.interpol.int/en/How-we-work/Notices/View-UN-Notices-Individual.
Ministry of External Relations
28 September 2022