|Published by||External Relations|
|Date published||31 December 2021|
1. On 29 December 2021, the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) Committee established pursuant to resolutions 1267 (1999), 1989 (2011) and 2253 (2015) concerning ISIL (Da'esh) and Al-Qaida approved the addition of two entries to its Sanctions List of individuals and entities subject to an asset freeze.
2. In accordance with the Sanctions and Asset-Freezing (Jersey) Law 2019 ("SAFL") and the Sanctions and Asset-Freezing (Implementation of External Sanctions) (Jersey) Order 2021 (the "Sanctions Order"), any new asset-freeze designations made by the UNSC ISIL (Da'esh) and Al-Qaida Sanctions Committee have immediate effect in Jersey.
Notice summary (Full details are provided in the Annex to this Notice)
3. The following entries have been added and are subject to an asset freeze:
- Ashraf AL-QIZANI
- JUND AL-KHILAFAH IN TUNISIA (JAK-T)
What you must do
4. You must:
check whether you maintain any accounts or hold any funds or economic resources for the persons set out in the Annex to this Notice.
freeze such accounts, and other funds or economic resources.
refrain from dealing with the funds or assets or making them available (directly or indirectly) to such persons unless licensed by the Minister for External Relations and Financial Services ("MERFS").
report any findings to MERFS, together with any additional information that would facilitate compliance with SAFL.
provide any information concerning the frozen assets of designated persons that MERFS may request. Information reported to MERFS may be passed on to other regulatory authorities or law enforcement.
5. Failure to comply with sanctions legislation or to seek to circumvent its provisions is a criminal offence.
6. Further information on sanctions can be found on the Government of Jersey website and the Jersey Financial Services Commission (JFSC) website.
7. Jersey guidance on the ISIL (Da'esh) and Al-Qaida sanctions regime is available on JFSC website.
8. Copies of Jersey sanctions legislation, including SAFL and the Sanctions Order, can be found on the Jersey Legal Information Board website.
9. Further details on the UN measures in respect of ISIL (Da'esh) and Al-Qaida can be found on the relevant UN Sanctions Committee webpage.
10. A copy of the UK sanctions list can be found here.
11. A copy of the UK Office of Financial Sanctions Implementation consolidated list can be found here.
12. Non-media enquiries, sanctions compliance reporting, and licence applications should be addressed to:
Head of International Compliance
Office of the Chief Executive
ANNEX TO NOTICE
13. Full details of the additions can be found here.