|Published by||Parish of Grouville|
|Date published||27 May 2020|
|Reference||Rates (Jersey) Law 2005|
Inspection of 2020 Rates List during coronavirus restrictions
The Parish of Grouville Rates List is available for inspection from Wednesday 3 June to Wednesday 17 June inclusive;
- through the parish website (https://services.parish.gov.je; use the three part code near the QR code on the paper Notice of Assessment or access from your digital Notice)
- at the Parish Hall (during coronavirus restrictions access is by appointment only; T: 01534 852225 for advice)
Members of the Assessment Committee will be available by telephone only to discuss any queries you may have (T: +44 (0) 1534 852225 by Tuesday 16 June to make an appointment).
An application may be made to the Assessment Committee for a Review of the rateable value of any area of land shown on the Rates List. An application for Review:
- must be made on the approved form (available from the Parish Hall or on https://parish.gov.je or Request a Review online)
- must state the name of other land in the Island with similar attributes where there is a significant difference (10% of the proposed rateable value of the land in question or 500 rateable quarters whichever is the greater)
- if requesting a review of the assessment of domestic / non domestic you must provide details of the current use of the property
- must be made on or before 17 June 2020 to the Assessment Committee at the Parish Hall.
An appeal against an assessment may only be made after a Review has been undertaken.
Notice is also given that in accordance with Article 11 (4) of the Rates (Jersey) Law 2005 that once the Rate List has been approved by the Supervisory Committee it becomes the Approved Rate List of the Parish of Grouville for 2020.
John Edward Le Maistre