|Published by||Parish of St Helier|
|Date published||25 March 2019|
|Reference||Rates (Jersey) Law 2005|
The Rate List for the above Parish may be inspected at the Town Hall from Friday 29 March 2019 during normal working hours.
Members of the Assessment Committee will be available at the Town Hall to discuss any concerns relating to assessments on:
- Tuesday 2 April 2019 from 10am to 3.30pm
- Thursday 4 April 2019 from 10am to 3.30pm
An application may be made to the Assessment Committee for a review of the proposed rateable value of any area of land shown on the Rate List. An application for review:
- should be made on an approved form available from the Town Hall or Parish website
- must state the name of the other land in the Island with similar attributes where there is a significant difference (10% of the proposed Rateable Value of the land in question or 500 rateable quarters whichever is greater)
- If requesting a review of the assessment of Domestic / Non Domestic must provide details of the current use of the property
- must be made on or before the Thursday 18 April 2019 to the Assessment Committee at the Town Hall
An appeal against an assessment may only be made after a Review has been undertaken.
Notice is also given that in accordance with Article 11(4) of the Rates (Jersey) Law 2005 that once the rate list has been approved by the Supervisory Committee it becomes the approved Rates List of the Parish of St Helier for 2019