Affordable Housing Gateway qualifications (FOI)
Affordable Housing Gateway qualifications (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by States of Jersey and published on 17 January 2018.
I would like to know the maximum amount of money a person can earn in order to qualify for renting an Andium home under the Housing Gateway System?
The average waiting time for people categorised under bands 1, 2 and 3?
I would further like to know whether any of our States Members currently rent an Andium Home?
This request is exempt under Article 23 of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011 as the information is accessible by other means.
The maximum income threshold for applicants is available on the following webpage:
Who can apply for affordable housing
The Social Security Department does not hold information on the average waiting time for each band of the Housing Gateway.
The average time an applicant is registered on the waiting list will depend on:
- which priority band they are in
- the date on which they applied for social housing
- what type of property they require
- what type of property is available
This is explained on the following webpage:
Affordable Housing Gateway and how to apply
The Social Security Department does not hold this information as social housing providers, including Andium Homes, manage their own housing stock.
Article 23 Information accessible to applicant by other means
(1) Information is absolutely exempt information if it is reasonably available to the applicant, otherwise than under this Law, whether or not free of charge.
(2) A scheduled public authority that refuses an application for information on this ground must make reasonable efforts to inform the applicant where the applicant may obtain the information.