13 January 2021
The registered unemployment report for the fourth quarter of 2020 has been released today by Statistics Jersey.
Customer and Local Services compiles data on people registered as actively seeking work (ASW) in Jersey. Statistics Jersey independently analyses this anonymised data and publishes a quarterly report.
On 31 December 2020
- on a seasonally adjusted basis, the total number of people registered as actively seeking work (ASW) was 150 lower than at the end of the previous quarter and 520 higher compared with a year earlier
- the non-seasonally adjusted ASW total was 1,400; this total is 180 lower than at the end of the previous quarter and 520 higher compared with a year earlier
- a greater number of females (760 individuals) than males (640 individuals) were registered as ASW
- the total number of long-term ASW (registered for more than twelve months) was 390; this total is 30 higher compared with the previous quarter and 150 higher compared with a year earlier
- of the 1,400 people registered as ASW, 410 individuals were engaged in some form of paid employment and classified as underemployed; this includes 130 individuals who were classified as long-term ASW