Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Reporting a crime

If you're the victim, or witness, of a crime you should contact the police immediately. You can help prevent other crimes and keep other people safe.

Below outlines the different ways of reporting a crime.

Dialling 999

If you've been badly hurt or attacked in any way, or if you've just witnessed a serious crime, you should dial 999 or 112.

A trained member of staff will answer your call. You will be asked to describe what happened and where you are located. You will also be asked if you need another emergency service, such as an ambulance.

In an emergency a police officer will come to the scene to talk to you. You will need to explain what happened, before the police officer can help you decide the next course of action.

Reporting non-emergency crimes

If you want to report a non-emergency crime, you should go to the police station to report it, telephone the police headquarters or fill in an online form on the States of Jersey Police website.

Not dialling 999 for minor crimes will make sure that people in genuine emergencies are able to contact the police quickly.

Non-emergency crimes can include vandalism, graffiti, stolen items such as mobile phones, or anti-social behaviour incidents.

The police will need to know who you are so that they can contact you for more information. The information you provide will be passed on to the relevant police department. The police will endeavour to respond to your report within 24 hours.

States of Jersey Police website

Giving a statement

Reporting an emergency or non-emergency crime will involve giving a statement to the police about the details of the crime.

They may ask you questions or ask you to repeat your statement to make sure it is thorough and accurate. After you have given a statement, the police will read it back to you to ensure their written account matches yours.

Reporting a crime anonymously

If you want to report a crime, but you do not want to contact the police directly, you can call Crimestoppers. Crimestoppers will record your information and pass it on to the police to investigate. Your call will not be traced, and you won't have to testify in court or give a full statement.

Crimestoppers Jersey website

If you have information on smuggling, duty or import GST tax evasion or illegal immigration you can call the Jersey Customs and Immigration Service confidential freephone.

Customs and Immigration confidential freephone (staying safe section)

Back to top
rating button