Important customer information
We ask customers to read this guidance before visiting our site:
- staff cannot help unload vehicles. If you need help, bring someone along to assist you
- load your vehicle in a way that it is easy for you to unload
- our staff is here to keep you and our sites safe. Anyone who is abusive towards staff will leave the site without emptying their vehicle
About the facility
You can only recycle household garden waste at La Collette. Commercial garden waste is not accepted.
Green waste is accepted in car loads and in trailers with a body length no longer than 2 metres. Trailers must be off loaded manually.
|Monday and Tuesday||closed|
|Wednesday to Sunday||7.30am to 4.30pm|
Drive to La Collette and turn left before the Driver and Vehicles Standards (DVS) office. Continue along this road to reach the household green waste reception.
What you can't recycle
We can't recycle harmful plants or items that are not suitable for composting.
Not suitable for composting
Some materials are not compostable or are unsuitable for our composting process. Make sure that any green waste you bring to La Collette does not contain:
- plastics (including plastic bags)
- animal faeces
- soiled animal bedding
- treated or processed wood
- wooden posts or fencing
- rocks and large stones
There are also some plants that may be harmful to humans, animals and the composting process. The following plants should not be thrown away with other green or garden waste:
- broad and curly leaf dock
- Japanese knotweed
Noxious weeds information leaflet