|Monday and Tuesday||Closed|
|Wednesday to Sunday||7.30am to 4.30pm|
Important customer information
We ask customers to read
the guidance below before visiting our site:
- social distancing is required at all times as per Government guidelines
- staff cannot help unload vehicles, so if you require help, have another person with you to assist
- please load your vehicle in a way that it is easy for you to unload (all paper together, all bulky waste together, etc).
- no trailers or commercial vehicles are permitted. If you have a large load that will take longer than 10 mins to empty, you'll need to contact us to arrange an appointment
- our staff is there to keep you and our sites safe. Anyone who is abusive to staff will leave the facility without emptying their vehicle
About the facility
You can only bring us household waste and recycling. We don't accept commercial waste.
The Acorn Reuse Centre at La Collette is closed until further notice.
Drive to La Collette and turn left before the Driver and Vehicle Standards (DVS) office. Continue along this road to reach the household reuse and recycling centre.
Materials we accept
We accept the following household waste and recyclables:
Brita water filters
flammable pressurised canisters
hard-core and rubble
household and garden chemicals
laptops, tablets and PDAs
mixed glass (bottles and jars)
mixed light bulbs and tubes
mixed textiles and clothes
non-flammable pressurised canisters
non-recyclable hard-core and rubble
tvs and monitors
Materials we do not accept
We do not accept the following:
cooling appliances (These should be taken to the new waste metal recycling facility)
large appliances (these should be taken to the new waste metal recycling facility)
garden waste (household garden waste should be taken to the household green waste reception at La Collette)