Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government and parish services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

​​Name change checklist after marriage

After your marriage you need to change your name at the following departments:

Customer and Local Services

You need to visit Customer and Local Services (formerly Social Security Department) to update the following:

  • your health card
  • your registration card
  • any benefits you receive
  • your passport
  • your income tax records

You will need to take the following with you:

  • your marriage certificate
  • your health card
  • photographic ID (ie driving licence or passport)
  • registration card
  • your passport

Changing a name in your passport

Changes in circumstances (income tax)

Your local parish hall

You must notify your parish if you change your name. Visit your local parish hall with your marriage certificate.

If you have a driving licence, you will need to apply for a new one in your new name.

You can do this at your local parish hall or you can do it online. You will need the following:

  • a colour photograph
  • your current driving licence
  • your marriage certificate

My Parish Online we​bsite

Driver and vehicle standards

Fill in your new name and, if necessary, your new address details, and sign box 1 on the reverse side of your vehicle registration document and take it to Driver and Vehicle Standards (DVS) at La Collette. You will be required to show a copy of your marriage certificate at the time of presenting your vehicle registration document.  A new document will be sent to you by post. 

There is no charge for this service.

Back to top
rating button