What we do
The Minister for External Relations is responsible, with the Chief Minister, for the conduct of Jersey's external relations in accordance with the common policy of the Council of Ministers.
External Relations manages Jersey's external relationships with other countries and regional organisations, including constitutional, political, economic, cultural and environmental links.
By doing this we hope to raise Jersey's positive international identity and Jersey's external influence.
Our main responsibilities include:
- managing Jersey's external relationships with other countries
- leading on Jersey's response to the UK’s decision to leave the EU
- working with States departments on external policy such as international conventions and agreements
- co-ordinating with other departments on policy matters that have international implications
- helping maintain Jersey's official links with the UK government as a Crown dependency
- co-ordinating Jersey's role in the British-Irish Council