What we do
We along with the Chief Minister are responsible for the conduct of Jersey's external relations in accordance with the common policy of the Council of Ministers.
We manage Jersey's external relationships with other countries and regional organisations, including constitutional, political, economic, cultural and environmental links. We hope to raise Jersey's positive international identity and Jersey's external influence.
Our main responsibilities include:
- managing Jersey's external relationships with other countries
- working with States departments on external policy such as international conventions and agreements
- co-ordinating with other departments on policy matters that have international implications
- helping maintain Jersey's official links with the UK government as a Crown dependency
- co-ordinating Jersey's role in the British-Irish Council