Currently the Office of the Superintendent Registrar is not available for ceremonies.
Ceremonies can take place at the Temporary Register Office at the Old Magistrate's Court in Seale Street, St Helier.
Attendees at this venue are strictly limited to 10 people, including the couple and their 2 witnesses.
Arranging a marriage or civil partnership at the Office of the Superintendent Registrar
If you want to arrange a marriage or civil partnership at the Office of the Superintendent Registrar follow the steps on our apply to give notice to marry.
At the venue
When planning your marriage or civil partnership at the Temporary Register Office, you must keep in mind that:
- the maximum number of attendees is 10
- candles are not permitted
- there is no parking available at this venue
- no food or drink is permitted to be brought into or consumed in any part of the Temporary Register Office
- confetti may not be thrown inside the Office of the Superintendent Registrar
If you get married at the Temporary Register Office during working hours you'll need to pay £21.01 to hire the office and a celebrant will be provided for free.
If you wish to marry outside working hours for example on a weekend or bank holiday, you need to pay £105.06 to hire the office and select an Authorised Civil Celebrant.
Where to find us and opening hours
The Temporary Register Office is currently located at the Old Magistrate's Court, Seale Street, St Helier.
Ceremonies can take place:
- Monday to Friday at 1.30pm or 2.30pm
- weekends and bank holidays 8am to 6pm when an Authorised Civil Celebrant must conduct the ceremony