What you’ll need to set up your Yoti
- a valid passport
- a smartphone
How to set up your Yoti
Yoti is an app that you need to download to your smartphone. The app is free, secure and easy to use and is effectively your ID on your phone.
To create your Yoti you’ll need to:
1. Download the free Yoti app onto your smartphone
- visit the App Store for iOS (Apple) or Google Play for Android:
2. Create your Yoti account
- open the Yoti app on your smartphone
- select the Create a Yoti button
- complete the registration process
- ensure that "Jersey" is the country selected
3. Add your ID document to your Yoti
- tap ID documents from the home screen.
- tap the Add ID document button
- select the country where your ID document is issued from
- make sure you select Jersey as your chosen country if you're using a Jersey passport as your ID document
4. Add an email address to your Yoti
- tap Personal details from the home screen and select Email
- tap the email option
- tap the add email option
- add your email address and verify it using the verification code that is sent to the email address you provided
- your email address is used to link your onegov account to your Yoti
5. Scan the QR code with Yoti
- go to the one.gov.je page and select the 'Activate your onegov account' button
- open and login to your Yoti app on your phone
- tap the scan button and scan the QR code on the one.gov.je page.
Step by step detailed guide to setting up your Yoti
This short video also provides a step-by-step guide to creating your digital ID account:
The Yoti app cannot be downloaded to tablets or desktop computers.
Recover your account on a new phone
You can recover your account on a new phone or a newly installed version of the app by opening Yoti and selecting the ‘Already have an account’ option.
Tap ‘Restore from iCloud’ or ‘Restore from Google Drive’ and follow the steps. You will be asked to take a photo and record a short video as part of the recovery process.
Video on how to recover your account
Help with Yoti
Yoti does not support IE as this browser is no longer being serviced by Microsoft.
Browsers that can be used to login to your Yoti account
If you’re having issues or need help with the Yoti app you can take a look at the
Yoti FAQ, or you can
email the Yoti customer support team.
If you are having issues with logging into your onegov account, contact
Activating your onegov account after you've set up your Yoti
One.gov.je is our online customer portal and is designed to provide you with easy access to Government of Jersey and Parish services.
Once you've set up your Yoti you can activate your
onegov account and access all available services.
Step-by-step guide to activate your onegov account and set up your digital ID
Staying safe online
For information on staying safe online, visit our
Protecting yourself and family online section.