Public Registry services:
The services of the Public Registry are:
- maintaining the registre public (public register) of contracts
- providing certified extracts from the books of the public registry
- registering and lodging of wills of immovable (real) property
- registering immovable (real) property and associated contrats (contracts)
- registering and cancelling judicial hypothecs (reconnaissances)
- registering powers of attorney
You can obtain a search for or copy of a contract by using the request form in the link below. The registry make a charge for this service. Details of the charges are contained in the public register search form.
Download public register search form (size 25kb)
Fees and Stamp Duty
Information about the fees and Stamp Duty applied to property transactions can be found within the Stamp Duties and Fees (Jersey) Law 1998.
If you want to estimate how much Stamp Duty you will need to pay you can use our ready reckoner.
Download unofficial Stamp Duties and Fees (Jersey) Law 1998 (at 1 January 2017) (size 321kb)
Download Stamp Duty ready reckoner (for basic and reduced rate calculations only) (size 20kb)