Who can get a COVID negative test certificate
You can get your COVID negative test certificate if you've had a negative PCR test with a Government of Jersey approved provider of COVID-19 PCR testing.
How to get your digital certificate
Your COVID negative certificate will be automatically emailed to you within 24 hours of being tested.
The certificate will be in a PDF format. A paper version is not available.
If you have a query about your certificate or don't receive one, then you need to call the private provider you used.
Information included on your certificate
Your COVID test certificate proves that you have tested negative for COVID-19 using a Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT - PCR). It expires 72 hours (3 days) after the test was taken.
The certificate includes a QR code and has been formatted in accordance with UK and EU-DCC specifications.
You should confirm that the test timing meets the requirements of your destination before you travel.
You can show your COVID test certificate when travelling abroad. You are still at risk of infection and should continue to follow local and national public health guidance to protect yourself and others.
COVID Status Certification
COVID Status Certification (CSC) is the process so you can prove you have:
- completed a COVID-19 vaccination course
- are recently recovered from a previous infection with COVID-19
- had a recent negative COVID-19 test from a private provider
This proof can be used national and internationally to participate in domestic or border COVID Status Certificate schemes.
The Government of Jersey works closely with the UK Government and other international partners to make sure that the evidence provided in Jersey is internationally accepted and remains compatible with any developing systems.
You can show your paper or digital certificates when travelling abroad.
Make sure you:
- check the entry requirements for your destination country on the GOV.UK foreign travel advice pages
- get up to date information from the website of your destination country
- confirm with your destination country that they will accept your Jersey COVID Status Certificate