About Pass Sanitaire
The French Government's Pass Sanitaire is proof of having received 2 approved COVID-19 vaccines. It's a requirement to show vaccine proof in France to enter places of leisure and culture such as cafes, restaurants, shopping centres and travel. Currently, it's only a requirement if you're 18 or over.
The Pass Sanitaire requires a person to present a QR code in an EU Digital COVID Certificate format. Jersey's paper Covid Status Certificates do not have a QR code and so do not currently work with the French system.
The Government of Jersey has introduced an interim solution for Islanders who are travelling to France. Islanders will be able to request a QR code certificate on a PDF document that can be scanned into the TousAntiCovid App or presented as a PDF.
The QR code certificate is only a temporary interim solution for travel in France while a digital solution is developed.
Pass Sanitaire on French Government website
The TousAntiCovid app is a government mobile app designed for use within France. It has a wallet functionality so you can store your QR code.
The app requires a period of 7 days after second dose before it will be accepted.
TousAntiCovid on Apple Store
TousAntiCovid on Google Play Store
How to get your QR code
To get you QR code:
- call the coronavirus helpline. You'll need to wait until 3 days after your second dose to call. The helpline will ask some questions to verify your identity
- you'll receive an email with the QR code document attached as a PDF. The email will give you further information about your certificate.
- keep the QR code as an image or PDF or your phone. You can also print out the PDF document
- if you're using the TousAntiCovid App, download the app and scan the most recent QR code into the app (top right of the document)
- show your printed QR code or TousAntiCovid app when you're entering places of leisure and culture, cafes restaurants, shopping centres and travel. It will be scanned by each venue
All the QR codes will expire after 30 days after the date you were emailed the document. You can call the helpline to request a replacement document.
Who can apply for a QR code
Anyone who has received 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine in Jersey. You need to allow for 2 to 3 days after your second dose for confirmation of your vaccination status to be processed.
Currently, you can't apply for a QR code if you have received either of the two doses outside of Jersey. We are looking into the process for this and will update our guidance when it's available.
If you're travelling with children under 18
People under 18 years old are exempt from the French Pass Sanitaire system until the 30 September. After this time anyone over the age of 12 will be asked to demonstrate their vaccination status.
About the PDF document and QR code
You'll receive a PDF document containing QR codes for each dose of a COVID-19 vaccine you have received in Jersey.
You'll need to scan the most recent QR code, based on your latest dose, which will be highlighted in the document.
You can either keep the document saved on your digital device or print it out before travelling to France.
This document is not needed for entry to any venues or for any public services in Jersey.