About Digital Health Jersey
The Digital Heath Team are part of the Health and Community Services (HCS) within the Government of Jersey. Their role is to develop a world-leading digital health service for Jersey.
The team work across HCS to make sure the department is doing all it can to ensure that islanders, as patients, benefit from digital technology.
Digital Health - Developing a world leading health service in Jersey
The work of the Digital Health Team
We plan to use technology to improve the way that health services across the island are designed, delivered, and managed, with a clear focus on the individual and their experience.
We are implementing a strategy to change the way that healthcare data is generated and accessed. This will enhance care provision for our population, in Jersey’s hospital and in the community.
It will enable health and care professionals to make the best decisions they can because they have the information they need at the point of care.
A fundamental part of the strategy is to ensure that patient data is safe and secure with cybersecurity at the heart of every decision.
Who we work with
We work with:
- Primary Care (GPs) and Community Care providers
- hospice-led services
- local technology companies and network companies
The current focus of the work:
- redesigning digital links between health users across the Island
- updating equipment and legacy systems
- creating the framework to implement the strategy
The role of the Jersey Care Record in Digital Health
Jersey’s gigabit high speed network will allow a dedicated ‘HealthNet’ to be created. This allows rapid secure access to health and care data, no matter where the health professional or patient is within the Island.
This enables the delivery of ‘Healthcare Anywhere’, reducing the reliance on a single hospital building and providing care closer to the patient’s home.
A Jersey Care Record (JCR) will give patients access and control over their own health data. This allows them to share or restrict access to their medical information.
In times of emergency, staff can access vital patient health data and medications improving care and reducing medical risk. Data will follow the patient allowing other digital services to interface directly with the patient no matter where they are on Island, or in the world.
Support and delivery
We will support and deliver:
- giving patients and clinicians the tools to directly access information and services
- ensuring clinical data can be accessed securely and safely – Right Time, Right Place, so we can achieve ‘Healthcare Anywhere’
- offering a digital services technology platform which will provide:
- a resilient cybersecurity profile ensuring the highest safeguards of data security
- patient consent and control of data access
- audited systems with robust governance
4. ensuring focused design around the needs of patients and users