Who can apply for a purchase scheme
If you're interested in buying a home but need some financial help to do so, you may be able to apply to join an affordable housing purchase scheme.
You will be eligible to purchase a property through an assisted ownership scheme if you:
- are over 18 years old
- are residentially qualified to live in Jersey (you must have ‘Entitled’ residential status)
- have been resident in Jersey for more than six months prior to the date of application
- do not own another property in Jersey or elsewhere in the world;
- are unable afford to purchase a property suitable for your needs in the open market
- are able to meet the long-term financial commitment of purchasing a property
- are going to live in the property as your principle place of residence
Further information on the eligibility criteria for purchasing a property through an assisted ownership scheme can be found in the following policy document:
Assisted Home Ownership Schemes Eligibility Criteria policy
Signed Ministerial Decision
How to apply to join the purchase scheme waiting list
The administration of the assisted home ownership scheme waiting list (previously known as Band 5) is currently being transferred from the Affordable Housing Gateway to Andium Homes. The transfer will be completed in September 2021. During the transfer period, customers can register their interest to join this waiting list with Andium Homes directly by completing the form below.
Apply to join the purchase scheme waiting list
Schemes that are currently providing affordable homes to buy are:
Andium Homebuy scheme on Andium Homes' website
How the purchase schemes work
The purchase schemes are run by private agencies and housing providers. Schemes become available at various times.
Each scheme is different and has its own rules. For example, some might provide homes at a discounted price, whereas others might provide help towards a deposit to buy a home.
After you're accepted onto the waiting list
Once you’re accepted onto band 5 of the waiting list, you’ll receive emails when new properties are advertised for sale or when housing purchase schemes become available.
If you're interested in a property you should speak to the company who is advertising it. We support and administer the purchase schemes but are not involved in allocating property.