Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Registration of holiday accommodation

Any property used as a hotel, guest-house, self-catering unit or campsite must be registered as tourist accommodation.

How do I register?

Register or renew your tourist accommodation

Before you apply to register the property it must first have an inspection to make sure the property meets the requirements of the Tourism (General Provisions) (Jersey) Order 1990.

Tourism (General Provisions) (Jersey) Order 1990 on the Jersey Law website

To arrange the inspection contact the Hospitality and Leisure manager.

Email the Hospitality and Leisure Manager

How long is the registration for?

The registration runs from the 1 January to 31 December and can be renewed each year.

A renewal reminder will be sent to you before the current registration expires.

How much does it cost to register?

The registration fee depends on the type of accommodation you are registering. It also varies depending on the number of people who can be accommodated in the property.

For further information on the current registration fees contact the Hospitality and Leisure Manager.      

Changing the use of a property to tourist accommodation

You must have approval from Planning and Building Control to change the use of a property.

Email Planning and Building Control

If this is a new business you will also need a business licence and you must speak to the Population Office. Jersey Business also offer free and confidential business advice.

Email Population Office

Jersey Business website

Contact the Hospitality and Leisure Manager for further advice.   

How do I get my hotel, guest house, self-catering apartments or campsite graded?

Jersey tourist accommodation is graded by the AA and Quality in Tourism.

AA hotel accommodation recognition scheme website

AA guest accommodation recognition scheme website

'The process' on Quality in Tourism website

Back to top
rating button