On World Book Day, Thursday 3 March 2022, Jersey Library will officially become 'fine free', this means:
- Jersey Library is a 'fine free library'
- you will no longer incur a daily charge if you don't bring your book back on time
- we also 'forgive' any outstanding fines, so please bring anything back any outstanding items
- charges continue to be made for the replacement costs of lost or damaged items
What you can borrow from the library
We have a range of items and materials that you can borrow, including:
- popular, classic and contemporary fiction (arranged alphabetically by author name)
- informational, educational and recreational books
- graphic novels
- Audio CDs and cassettes - a wide range of fiction and non-fiction titles
- large print titles, fiction and non-fiction
- language tapes and CD courses - from Arabic to Welsh
- DVDs, educational and informational
- music, CDs, scores and more
How many items you can borrow at 1 time
Library members can borrow up to 20 items per library card at any one time.
Informational, recreational and educational books
You can borrow books on the following subjects and more
- travel guides
- workshop manuals
Our music collection includes CDs, vocal and study scores, instrumental tutors and scores for individual instruments. We also have dictionaries of music and music magazines. Ask about our orchestral sets and vocal scores that we can supply to choirs and orchestras.
If you are short of time, try our express selection area. Choose from a constantly changing selection of fiction including our newest titles. You can also check out and return your items on our Selfcheck™ terminal.
If the item you want is already out on loan you can reserve it for a small charge. Items already in stock can be reserved online. We can also buy your requested items, or obtain them from other libraries on your behalf.
You can search, renew and reserve your library books online, borrow ebooks and audiobooks and download free magazines.
Search the library catalogue
Borrow an ebook
Borrow an audiobook on Libby app