13 January 2014
The Jersey Field Squadron is holding a week of events to encourage Islanders to become reservists.
At events this week, Islanders are being told that the Army Reserves offers young men and women the opportunity to get fit, gain professional qualifications and experience something completely different to everyday life.
The campaign coincides with Operation Fortify, the Territorial Army's national drive to increase its personnel to 30,000 by 2020.
Events this week
During the week, the Jersey Field Squadron will be running a series of events:
- recruiting stands in St Helier at West Centre, the Cenotaph, King Street and in the Royal Square
- free gym sessions every day from 12.15pm to 1.45pm at Fort Regent
- free gym sessions every day from 7.30pm to 8.15pm at Le Quesne Barracks Army Reserve Centre
- an open evening on Wednesday 15 January from 7pm at the Army Reserve Centre, Mount Bingham
- an open day on Saturday 18 January from 10.30pm to 3.30pm at the Army Reserve Centre, Mount Bingham
Charity bake off
Jersey Field Squadron chefs are also conducting a charity bake off with catering students from Highlands College to raise money for Holidays For Heroes. The event is being held in the Royal Square from 10.30 on Tuesday 14 January.
Anyone who is interested in finding out more can email the Jersey Field Squadron or call them on 01534 755200.
Email the Jersey Field Squadron