15 September 2015
As part of the traffic calming scheme in St Mary a new coloured textured surface is being laid in a number of areas.
The surface is called Roxem and the work taking place from Monday 14 September 2015 will be at:
- the Bethlehem Chapel junction
- the road crossing from the Rectory to the Church
- On the ramps to the raised tables at the Church and pub junction and opposite the school
Roxem is a French product which applied to the surface of the road to change its look and feel and so encourage drivers to slow down in these areas.
While this work is being undertaken and while the Roxem is hardening, there will be traffic restrictions in place which will last for about two and a half weeks. These restrictions are:
- traffic lights in operation on Rue des Buttes at Bethlehem Chapel junction
- a one way gyratory system operating clockwise along Route de Ste Marie, Rue du Rondin, La Verte Rue and Route de l’Eglise
- a one week closure on Rue de la Rosiere
- a four day closure of La Verte Rue east of Rue de L’Eglise and, subsequently and separately, a four day closure on Rue des Buttes.
The temporary traffic system has been carefully worked out to keep traffic flowing as much as possible and minimise road closures. Work is weather dependant and timings may be subject to change. Updates will be posted on this website.
View traffic restrictions information
All restrictions will be fully signed throughout and drivers are asked to be aware that the traffic system will be changing almost daily, to follow the signage, allow extra time and be patient.