10 October 2016
Department for Infrastructure (DfI) is proposing to install bus shelters at several more stops around the Island.
DfI has identified the following six locations for potential installation of new shelters:
- Greve d’Azette, opposite La Ronde Avenue
- Grande Route de St Clement, outside St Clement’s Primary School
- Red Houses, northbound at Clos de Quennevais
- St Brelade’s Bay, eastbound at Woodford Car Park
- St Brelade’s Bay, eastbound at L’Horizon Hotel
- Havre des Pas, westbound at Marett Road
Full information and drawings are available for anyone wishing to comment during the consultation period which closes on Friday 21 October.
The provision of shelters at bus stops is highly appreciated by passengers and they are much more likely to use public transport services where a shelter is provided. DfI installed shelters at a total of twelve bus stops in 2015 and has now installed shelters at nearly 60 bus stops, the majority of which have been constructed since 2010.
Bus travel is becoming more popular as the service improves. Passenger numbers continue to increase year-on-year and the total number of journeys made in the first eight months of this year is 21% higher than during January to August 2013, the first year of the LibertyBus contract.
Give your views on the proposed locations