22 June 2016
Jersey's resident population at the end of 2015 was estimated as 102,700.
The latest report shows that during 2015:
- the resident population increased by 1,700 people
- net inward migration accounted for 1,500 of the increase
- natural growth (the excess of births over deaths) accounted for 220
Total net inward migration of 1,500 in 2015 comprised of approximately:
- 400 net inward ‘licensed’ employees and their dependents
- 1,100 net inward ‘registered’ employees and their dependents
During the last 10 years, the resident population has increased by 11,700 people.
Net migration has accounted for three-quarters (75%) of the total population growth over the last 10 years
Download Jersey resident population estimate (size 555kb)