18 August 2016
Resurfacing La Route du Fort between Green Street roundabout and Roseville Street, will begin on Sunday 21 August.
For safety reasons, the work must be done while the road is completely closed. Pedestrian access will be maintained and traffic diversions (including buses) will be via Havre des Pas or Don Road.
Working times will be in the evening at weekends and should finish before the end of the school holidays. The working hours and road closure times are as follows:
- Sunday 21 August – 8am – 8pm
- Monday 22 August – Friday 26 August 7pm – 11pm
- Sunday 28 August – 8am – 8pm
- Monday 29 August – Friday 2 September 7pm – 11pm
- Sunday 4 September – 8am – 8pm
La Route du Fort is a high priority for maintenance as a result of undulations, utility trenches and fatigue of the road surface. This section of road was last resurfaced in 1987.