20 October 2016
12 Island residents have been commended for their work helping to protect people. Among those whose contribution has been recognised are:
- A police officer who works with people who’ve experienced domestic abuse
- A volunteer who goes out at night to provide support to people on Jersey’s streets
- A social worker for children and young people
The awards were made at the Safeguarding Partnership Boards (SPB) annual development day meeting, which brings together members of the boards to set priorities for the following year.
The following six people received a certificate of commendation from the Independent Chair of the Safeguarding Partnership Board, Glenys Johnston OBE.
- James Lynch – Chair of multi-agency public protection arrangements
- Manny De Freitas – Detective Sergeant of the Public Protection Unit, States of Jersey Police
- Nicola Hayward – Independent Living Co-ordinator, Andium Homes
- Nikki Holmes – Jersey Sport
- Sarah Hawthornthwaite – Freedom Street
- Diane Burgess – Social worker, Health and Social Services
A further six people, also nominated for their contribution, received a letter.