27 November 2018
Motorists are invited to a drop-in information session this Thursday 29 November from 2pm to 8pm, at Les Quennevais Sports Centre, to find out more about the resurfacing work planned for La Route des Quennevais in January 2019.
When work begins there will be road closures on weekdays between 9am and 5:30pm and some Sundays between 9am and 8pm. There will also be some lane closures on weekdays between 7pm and 11pm. The road will be fully open outside these hours.
To keep people informed of the work, islanders will be able to register their email address on www.gov.je/roadworks and receive regular updates as the work progresses.
In addition to the emails and drop-in session:
- letters explaining the timetable and diversions will be distributed to homes in St Peter, St Ouen and St Brelade
- information will be published on www.gov.je/roadworks
- updates will be posted on our social media accounts
- the media will be infromed of any changes
Work will start on Monday 14 January at La Route des Quennevais’ junction with Route Orange, and will progress in sections towards the road’s junction with La Rue Carrée.
There will be diversions for through-traffic via:
- Route Orange, Rue de la Sergente, Route de la Pulente, Mont a la Brune and La Rue Carree
- La Route des Genets, La Neuve Route, Mont au Roux, Rue du Coin, Route de Francfief and Pont du Val
The work will be completed in ten short phases to maintain access to premises, although access will be disrupted when the final road surface is being laid. The contractor will forewarn residents a few days before the work.
Businesses will remain open and buses will continue to operate, although passengers may need to use temporary bus stops, which will be clearly signed.