17 August 2018
A third discussion forum for people living and working near Jersey’s proposed new hospital is planned for Wednesday 22 August.
Residents and workers are invited to the third hospital neighbourhood forum to consider practical issues arising from the planning, early and enabling works, and building of a new hospital for Jersey.
It will take place on Wednesday (22 August) from 6 to 8pm at St Helier Town Hall [please note the change of venue from the first two events]. Everyone living or working near the existing hospital is invited, as well as the Connétable of St Helier and town deputies.
Among the issues raised by attendees at the first two forums were:
- Road safety in Lewis Street
- Traffic calming and safety and accessibility for people with disabilities in Kensington Street
- Parking for nearby residents
- Traffic in Newgate Street
- Noise disturbance
- Requests for assurance about the potential for structural disturbance to properties in the area
At the third meeting, the Future Hospital team will respond to the issues raised and report on actions and progress.
If people can’t make the forum but would like to attend future meetings or be kept informed by a neighbourhood newsletter, they can email firstname.lastname@example.org
A presentation and notes from the previous meetings are available on the Future hospital website.
Future Hospital website