09 January 2019
Motorists are reminded that resurfacing work on La Route des Quennevais will begin on Monday 14 January, and that they can receive regular notifications as the work progresses.
Sections of the road will be closed on weekdays between 9am and 5.30pm, and on some Sundays between 9am and 8pm, but it will be fully open during the busiest periods. There will also be lane closures on weekdays between 7pm and 11pm.
Anyone who would like to receive regular updates about the progress of the works, and the diversions that are in place, can register their email address on www.gov.je/roadworks. In addition:
- letters giving the timetable and diversions have been distributed to every home in St Peter, St Ouen and St Brelade
- information is available on www.gov.je/roadworks
- updates will be posted on the States’ social media accounts.
Work starts at the La Route des Quennevais junction with Route Orange, and will progress in sections towards the road’s junction with La Rue Carrée, with diversions for through traffic via:
- Route Orange, Rue de la Sergente, Route de la Pulente, Mont a la Brune and La Rue Carrée.
- La Route des Genets, La Neuve Route, Mont au Roux, Rue du Coin, Route de Francfief and Pont du Val.
The work will be completed in phases so that disruption to access to premises can be minimised.
Access will be disrupted when the final road surface is being laid, and the contractor will make sure that residents are notified a few days before this happens.
Businesses in the area will remain open during the works and buses will continue to operate, although passengers may need to use temporary bus stops. These will be clearly signposted.