02 March 2020
This week, Skills Jersey is celebrating National Careers Week (2 -7 March) by hosting a range of free talks, workshops and drop-in sessions at Jersey Library.
The events - which are open to young people, parents, and potential career-changers - will allow attendees to find out more about careers in a range of industries including technology, healthcare and construction.
Events will include:
- A CV surgery, offering free 20-minute appointments
- Careers guidance drop-in sessions
- A talk on how parents can support their children in their future careers
- Myth-busting talks on tech, health, social care and tax
- A speed networking session with industry experts
- Information on careers with Digital Jersey and the Government of Jersey
The events are free to attend, but booking online is required
. All events will take place at Jersey Library except for the Digital Jersey talk, which will take place at the Digital Jersey Academy on Grenville Street.
Stuart Penn, Operations Manager at Skills Jersey, said: “Very few of us ever take time out of our day to think about our career. National Careers Week offers individuals the chance to meet with experts, and an opportunity to consider their next step.
“This week of events will offer something for everyone – from young people just starting out in their career, to people looking to explore new opportunities, and even parents looking to support their children.”
Assistant Minister for Education, Deputy Jeremy Maçon, said: “These events will showcase some of the fantastic career opportunities available in Jersey, and I’m grateful to the many businesses and professionals who are offering their time and expertise.”