07 July 2021
The registered unemployment report for the second quarter of 2021 has been published today by Statistics Jersey.
Customer and Local Services compiles data on people registered as actively seeking work (ASW) in Jersey. Statistics Jersey independently analyses this anonymised data and publishes a quarterly report.
On 30 June 2021
- on a seasonally adjusted basis, the total number of people registered as actively seeking work (ASW) was 280 lower than at the end of the previous quarter and 950 lower compared with a year earlier
- the non-seasonally adjusted ASW total was 1,000; this total is 320 lower than at the end of the previous quarter and 950 lower compared with a year earlier
- a greater number of females (560 individuals) than males (450 individuals) were registered as ASW
- the total number of long-term ASW (registered for more than twelve months) was 450; this total is essentially unchanged when compared with the previous quarter and 160 higher compared with a year earlier
- of the 1,000 people registered as ASW, 340 individuals were engaged in some form of paid employment and classified as underemployed; this includes 170 individuals who were classified as long-term ASW
Read the full report