05 November 2021
Parents who registered for a Government primary school place for September 2022 are being sent an application form.
The form is also available online.
Parents should return the form to their catchment school by Wednesday 1 December 2021.
Parents can find out their catchment school by:
- looking at the catchment school map
- contacting their local primary school
- contacting the Department for Children, Young People, Education and Skills on 445504
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents may request up to three schools, in order of preference. If a school is oversubscribed, priority will be given, in the order below, to children who:
- have a special educational need and must access a specific school or are a child looked after
- have brothers or sisters in the school (reception to Year 5)
- are living in the primary school catchment area
- are living in the secondary school catchment area
- have siblings in the school (Year 6)
- have other requests supported by a good educational reason for attending a non-catchment school.
Primary schools will write to all parents at the end of January 2022 to offer places. Parents are asked to inform the school if they no longer need the place they have been offered.
Parents will not be offered a place in a Government primary school if they have registered for a place in a fee-paying school. This is so parents who need a Government school place have the best chance of getting a place at their chosen school.
Under the Education (Jersey) Law Jersey 1999, children who are born between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2018 start school at the beginning of the autumn term in 2022.
Children are of compulsory school age from the first day of the school term in which their fifth birthday falls.