17 November 2022
The house price report for the third quarter 2022 has been published today by Statistics Jersey.
The Jersey House Price Index measures the combined average price of 1- and 2-bedroom flats together with 2-, 3- and 4-bedroom houses. The index includes properties transacted through the Royal Court as well as share transfer properties.
In the third quarter of 2022:
- on a rolling four-quarter basis, the mix-adjusted average price of dwellings sold in Jersey during the year ending Q3 2022 was 3% higher when compared with the previous quarter (year ending Q2 2022)
- on a quarterly basis:
- the seasonally adjusted mix-adjusted average price was 3% higher compared with the previous quarter and 13% higher than in the corresponding quarter of 2021 (Q3 2021)
- 2-bedroom houses saw their mean price decrease compared to the previous quarter
- all other property types saw an increase in their mean price compared to the previous quarter or were essentially unchanged
- the turnover of properties was 8% higher than in Q3 2021
- overall housing market activity, on a rolling four-quarter basis, was 5% higher compared with the previous quarter (Q2 2022) and 16% higher than in the corresponding quarter of 2021
- on a rolling four-quarter basis, advertised private sector rental prices were 2% higher during the year ending Q3 2022 compared with the year ending Q2 2022