13 July 2022
The registered unemployment report for the second quarter 2022 has been published today by Statistics Jersey.
Customer and Local Services compiles data on people registered as actively seeking work (ASW) in Jersey. Statistics Jersey independently analyses this anonymised data and publishes a quarterly report.
On 30 June 2022
- on a seasonally adjusted basis, the total number of people registered as actively seeking work (ASW) was 20 lower than at the end of the previous quarter and 380 lower compared with a year earlier
- the non-seasonally adjusted ASW total was 620; this total is 100 lower than at the end of the previous quarter and 380 lower compared with a year earlier
- a greater number of females (350 individuals) than males (270 individuals) were registered as ASW
- the total number of long-term ASW (registered for more than twelve months) was 220; this total is 50 lower when compared with the previous quarter and 230 lower compared with a year earlier
- of the 620 people registered as ASW, 220 individuals were engaged in some form of paid employment and classified as underemployed; this includes 110 individuals who were classified as long-term ASW