Jersey Digital Mapping data
The Jersey Digital Mapping data is an integral part of the workflow to a variety of uses eg:
- by couriers to swiftly locate delivery addresses
- by architects to submit site plans
- by advocates to identify property details and record information associated with the property
The data is updated continually by a dedicated team and is made available to the public and commercial users through Digimap who are the States of Jersey mapping business partner.
The following data sets are available.
Digimap mapping price list
Core data sets
This comprises subsets of data layers, each fully controllable whilst remaining accurately aligned. The data sets are designed to be compatible with most modern Geographic Information Service (GIS) software packages and Computer Aided Design (CAD) systems:
- land parcels – polygons that show the extent of individual land features. The data set is attributed with unique identifiers and geometric information together with the area and classification
- roads – polygons that show the extent of the Island’s road network, each segment is attributed with the official road name, the administering authority and the area of the segment. Footpaths and driveways are also depicted in the roads layer
- buildings – building polygons are fully attributed and classified by type
- parishes – polygons of the parishes are depicted to their high water extent. A data set of the vingtaines is also included
- coastline – a polygon layer that shows the high and low water extent and is attributed to identify areas of sand and rock etc
- water – streams, ponds and quarries are identified
- contours – a layer of Island’s contours at 5 metre intervals is part of the basic data set
- land supplementary and road supplementary data detail such as walls, hedges and cliff paths
Aerial photographs are available from:
Composed from hundreds of aerial photographs and a ground resolution of 10 cm for each pixel, the photos provide a seamless and accurate full colour overlay to the core mapping data set. In addition, hard copy photo prints are available of Jersey or selected areas of the Island.
Address data (Gazetteer)
This is derived from the official States of Jersey Land and Property Index (JLPI) and contains address information for both the public and private sectors. There are over 65,000 address points, which contain the name and address of the property, together with businesses, field numbers and places of interest. Each entry of the JLPI data is linked to the map data using the embedded unique identifier, allowing powerful searching and analysis from within the GIS.
CAD format data
This is available as a set of over 400 DXF tiles, compatible with most modern CAD software packages. Each tile contains comprehensive data from the core data set including:
- land parcels
The Department of the Environment hold the sole ownership and copyright of the digital map information for Jersey. We have appointed Digimap as the States of Jersey mapping business partner, for selling and distributing the mapping data.
Digimap are dedicated to providing a high level of support and training, to ensure users get the maximum from their GIS mapping system and digital mapping data.