About Jersey digital mapping data
The Jersey digital mapping data is an essential part to the workflow of various user, for example:
- architects, to submit site plans
- delivery companies, to swiftly locate delivery addresses
- lawyers and advocates, to identify property details and record information associated with the property
- online business, to add location information to their systems and solutions
The data is continually updated and is available to the public and commercial users through our commercial business partners.
Core data sets
This consists of subgroups of data layers, each fully controllable whilst remaining accurately aligned. They are designed to be compatible with online services and most Geographic Information Service (GIS) software packages and Computer Aided Design (CAD) systems.
The data sets include:
- land parcels: polygons showing the extent of individual land features. The data set is attributed with unique identifiers and geometric information together with the area and classification
- roads: polygons showing the extent of the Island's road network. Each segment is attributed with the official road name, the administering authority and the area of the segment. Footpaths and driveways are also depicted in the roads layer
- buildings: building polygons are fully attributed and classified by type
- parishes: polygons of the parishes are depicted to their high water extent. A data set of the vingtaines is also included
- coastline: a polygon layer showing the high and low water extent and is attributed to identify areas such as sand and rock
- water: streams, ponds and quarries are identified
- contours: a layer of Island's contours at 5 metre intervals is part of the basic data set
- land supplementary and road supplementary data detail such as walls, hedges and cliff paths and text
These are made from hundreds of aerial photographs and a ground resolution of 10 centimetre for each pixel. The photos provide a seamless and accurate full colour overlay to the core mapping data set. Photo prints of Jersey or selected areas of the Island are also available.
Our 3D model has been created using aerial photography and ground level photo surveys. It includes:
- buildings with roof textures and façade textures (St Helier only)
- vegetation canopy
- walls and fences
The 3D data is held in both
Drawing Exchange Format (DXF) and Sketchup formats (buildings).
Jersey 3D Model
Address data (Gazetteer)
This derives from the Jersey Land and Property Index (JLPI). The JLPI contains address information for the public and private sectors of over 90,000 address points:
- private properties addresses
- address of businesses
- field numbers
- places of interest
We update the JLPI daily.
Can't find an address
If the property you're looking for is a new build, the address might not have been added to our database yet.
If the property isn't new and you can't find the address, check:
- your spelling
- if the address is a building name. We may be unfamiliar with the name so try searching for the street number only
If you still can't find the address or the address has an error in it
email the Mapping Services Team.
Changing your house name
You can apply to change the name of the property you own. You need to contact Jersey Post first.
Jersey Post will be able to process the name change if there isn't an existing property with that name in the same parish or post code area.
Apply to change your house name on Jersey Post
CAD format data
This is available as a set of over 400 DXF tiles, compatible with most modern CAD software packages. Each tile contains comprehensive data from the core data set including:
- land parcels
Other mapping data
The Island Plan geospatial data is publicly available free of charge.
Community information layers
A number of public access layers have been created including:
Differential GPS Base Station Data (DGPS)
A differential base station has been established on the Island to provide accurate correction service for GPS surveying. This data is available from our commercial business partners.
Mapping data and printing costs
Contact our commercial business partners if you need:
- digital data
- aerial photos
- bespoke map prints
Find the full price list from our commercial business partners.
Line Drawing (map)
Line Drawing (map)
A4 (standard 1:2500 scale)
Our commercial business partners
The Government of Jersey holds the sole ownership and copyright of Jersey's digital map information.
Our commercial business partners Europa Technologies Limited and Digimap (Jersey) Limited provide business and marketing support for the promotion and sale of the official Government Geospatial (mapping) data. Contact them for data sales enquiries or for other mapping services.
Europa Technologies Limited
Digimap (Jersey) Limited