These self-certification schemes have been approved for in accordance with the building bye-law self-certification schemes and exemptions from requirement to make an application for a building permit.
Bye-law 15 of the Building Bye-laws (Jersey) 2007, as amended, allow the approval of competent person schemes in respect of certain types of building work.
Competent person schemes have been approved for the following types of work:
- fixed electrical installations in buildings
- installation of a heat-producing gas appliance
- installation of oil storage tanks
- installation oil-fired combustion appliances
- installation of a solid fuel burning combustion appliance
- installation of a heating or hot water service system
- installation of replacement windows, rooflights and doors in a dwelling
Work carried out under an approved competent person scheme is exempt from the requirement to make an application for building permission, provided that the work is notified to the department within 30 days of completion of the work. The works notification system operated by the approved scheme provider must be used for this purpose.
List of approved schemes for certifiable building work