You can register for GST online, as long as your business already has an income tax number.
If you don't have an income tax number, or are unable to get online, you should contact the Taxes Office to begin the process.
Register for GST online
Tax officers will make contact with the individual who has applied as part of the registration process.
What information do I need to provide?
You will need to give details of:
- the person or entity applying for registration
- the trading name (if different from above)
- the business address, including postcode
- relevant telephone numbers
- the name and legal status of the person making the application
During the registration process you will also be asked to provide:
- your expected annual taxable turnover
- the nature of your business
- any preference you have for the months you wish to make your quarterly GST returns